Mentor Automotive™ is Mentor Graphics’ brand for a collection of design tools widely adopted by automotive OEMs and their tier-1 suppliers.
Mentor offers a wide and deep range of CAD tools for the global automotive industry, and we are pleased to provide the full versions of our tools to enable Formula Student teams… throughout the design cycle, from early design and simulation all the way to fabrication guidance and generating design documentation for your judges.
Mentor is most widely known for its Electronic Design Automation tools for VLSI, FPGA and PCB, deployed widely in industry as well as over 1,500 engineering universities worldwide. Established in 1981, the company has annual turnover in excess of USD$1.2 billion. Truly a global company, Mentor has R&D sites all over the world including 8 sites in Europe, with worldwide employment of over 5,500 people.
Mentor tools are available in a number of categories:
- VeSys™ & Capital™ for Electrical Systems, Cabling & Harness (essential for electronics intensive modern vehicles and race cars, including integrations with popular 3D MCAD software. This is the most popular tool for Formula teams.
- Flowmaster™ for 1D CFD (fluid and Thermal, including an automotive-cooling module applicable to battery-pack cooling challenges
- FloEFD™ for 3D-integrated CFD (fluid and thermal CFD, integrated as a plug-in inside of popular 3D MCAD software (Siemens NX, Creo, CATIA, Solidworks). User interface in major languages.
- PADS™ for PCB design (an easier to learn subset of Xpedition PCB tools for global enterprises, without any compromise in auto-routing capability.)
- Hyperlynx™for PCB Reliability Checking
- SystemVision™ for Electrical Systems Simulation (strong in electrical subsystems, with integrations into Simulink®, CAN, AUTOSAR, C/C++, Java, LabView®), as well as
- CodeBench™ Embedded Software tools, including virtual target platforms for processors (based on ARM® Cores), as well as programming/debug support for physical platforms.
- Nucleus™ RTOS for Embedded Software (an automotive grade RTOS with CAN support)
- Volcano™ for Automotive Networking (CAN vehicle networks)
All the tools offered to teams are full-function products rather than limited student versions.
Contact: Higher Education Program – email: moc.r1511126204otnem1511126204@noit1511126204acude1511126204_rehg1511126204ih1511126204 with key word “automotive’ in the subject line.