FSA 2022 will take place from 2022-07-24 till 2022-07-28 (Sun-Thu) at the Red Bull Ring in Spielberg, Austria.
The Event will be “classic” style:
- CV & EV classes
- no integrated DV
- CV+DV & EV+DV cars will be eligible with the AS disabled.
- 2021 Points distribution
- plus hybrid in the CV class 🙂
- FS 2022 rules for all other aspects
As of now, this also applies to: FS Alpe-Adria, FSEast, FS Netherlands and FS Czech (some of them offer a DV class, though)
Team registration will be possible in December.
The Registration Quiz will be on Friday, the 28th of January.
As promised, we (and our Friends all over Europe) will work to keep FSC alive and kickin’ !
Therefore we present to you the draft rules of a Hybrid Supplement for the FSC class. This option will already be available from 2022 on.
The intention behind this option is to keep the FSC class relevant and interesting to students, schools, sponsors and all other stakeholders. It allows to utilize and explore the technology of modern drive systems without the “red tape” associated with FSE (e.g. cost and safety considerations).
You can find the draft rules here.
Rennstall Esslingen(HS Esslingen) and Ecurie Aix (RWTH Aachen) took the first place in their respective classes at Formula Student Austria 2021.
You can find the full results here.
This year we made a comprehensive survey of the reasons why cars did not finish endurance.
We publish it so that others may learn from these failures and maybe discover some blind spots in their preparation.
This list is in no particular order:
- high inverter temperature – retired
- Brake leakage lead to BOTS activation
- mechanical gearbox issue – retired
- Accidental BOTS activation (alignment issue?) (2x)
- Failure of Electronic Clutch actuation
- Broken Exhaust
- Lambda Sensor wiring issue -> engine control issue
- Brake Caliper Leak -> DQ in Driver Change
- Loss of Oil Pressure -> Engine Failure
- communication loss to inverter
- Temperature sensor failure in BMS – BMS Error
- Rear wing mount failure + Loss of multiple body panels (mounted with velcro)
- A-Arm Failure (Insert Pulled out)
- General System Failure in TS – DQ because of TSAL failure
- Loss of Power – retired
- Rear brakes kept locking up – retired
The results of the second round of the new Business Plan Presentation are available on the 2021 Results Page