This year we made a comprehensive survey of the reasons why cars did not finish endurance.
We publish it so that others may learn from these failures and maybe discover some blind spots in their preparation.
This list is in no particular order:
- high inverter temperature – retired
- Brake leakage lead to BOTS activation
- mechanical gearbox issue – retired
- Accidental BOTS activation (alignment issue?) (2x)
- Failure of Electronic Clutch actuation
- Broken Exhaust
- Lambda Sensor wiring issue -> engine control issue
- Brake Caliper Leak -> DQ in Driver Change
- Loss of Oil Pressure -> Engine Failure
- communication loss to inverter
- Temperature sensor failure in BMS – BMS Error
- Rear wing mount failure + Loss of multiple body panels (mounted with velcro)
- A-Arm Failure (Insert Pulled out)
- General System Failure in TS – DQ because of TSAL failure
- Loss of Power – retired
- Rear brakes kept locking up – retired
The results of the second round of the new Business Plan Presentation are available on the 2021 Results Page
The Schedule for Stage 2 of the BPP can be found here or on the Documents page.
Your individual link to the online session can be found on the Uploads Page (at the very end).
The results of the first round of the new Business Plan Presentation are available on the 2021 Results Page
As noted in a previous news post , FSA does not plan to integrate DV/autonomous into its event format in 2021 or 2022.
However, not to be left behind we will integrate different future-focused challenges into FSA starting this year already!
Going forward, 50 points of the design score will be dedicated to implementation of the following future-centric technologies
- Blockchains (the more the better)
- bonus points for smart-contract based kinematics and tokenized setup (NFT).
- Chain guard rules do apply!
- AI based control strategies
- adhering to industry standard, if-then chains and 2d maps will count as AI
- Cloud-based ECU as a service
- Big Data (10GB of Go-Pro Videos are considered entry-level)
- 5G (lateral or longitudinal)
- additive manufacturing, subtractive manufacturing and exponential manufacturing
- extra points for topology optimized design reports
A special price will also be given in the form of a meme-based ICO.