we are happy to announce that the registration for the 2016 event will be on Friday, 2016-01-22 at 17:00 (CET Central European Time)
Update: Rules & Reg Guide now available here
Some Info & FAQs:
Who, When, How much?
- It will be possible to create Team Accounts after Friday, 2016-01-15
- The quiz takes place on Friday 2016-01-22
- The site will go offline approximately 1 hour before the quiz and will be available with the results approximately 2 hours after the quiz starts
- The registration fee is €1500 including VAT and will have to be submitted within 10 days after the registration
Check your Profile
We noticed that some of the team accounts are missing the “Team Name”, “School Name” or “Country” Information – please make sure that you have at least these fields filled out correctly.
Also, you should really consider filling out the “Wildcard Application” – it is your second chance for a place on the FSA grid if you are not able to finish the quiz quickly enough.
This information has to be completed by Friday, Jan 22nd 1600 CET
What you need to take the quiz
You need a copy of the 2016 FSAE Rules, the 2016 FSA Rules and some general engineering knowledge related to building an FSAE car. You will only be asked questions related to your engine type – i.e. no HV EV Questions for IC powered teams and vice versa.
Who does not need to take the quiz
Teams with a fixed spot (Austrian teams and top finishers from last year) do not need to take the quiz but are free to do so if they feel competitive 😉
How your car number is chosen
We are splitting up the number range into 1 – 99 and E1 – E99. Please note that if you enter your preferred car number as an E team you must not enter the ‘E’. If you try to you’ll get an error message.
There are some basic constraints:
- Range: (E)1 – (E)99
- (E)1 – (E)5 are reserved
- (E)6 – (E)99 are valid preferred car numbers
How it works:
- First the top 5 per engine type from last year get either their preferred car number or (E)1 – (E)5 if they don’t supply one. If there are overlapping wishes the team with more FSA 2016 points gets the number.
- The Austrian teams get either their preferred car number or the next free number if there’s an overlap. In case of conflict the team that scored better last year gets its wish fulfilled.
- All others get either their preferred or the next free number. If there are two teams with the same wish the team with the better quiz time wins.
The preferred car number must be entered before the quiz starts.
If two teams want to swap their car numbers both have to contact us within 48 hours after the quiz ends.
TL;DR: it will be the same procedure as last year
Your FSA Team