For 2017, a new energymeter for use at FSA has been developed.
The preliminary specs are available on the rules&documents page.
What has changed?
- The form factor is different
- Data download is now possible via USB & Bluetooth
- live data is provided to the team via CAN
- testing and validating the function of the EM in the car has been simplified to improve the installation and verification procedure
What does that mean for you, the EV teams ?
- Make sure that there is sufficient space in the car to fit the new EM
- Make sure that the matching connectors are present in your car
- The core measuring device is of the same type as in the “old” FSG EMs, so there should not be a difference in the data measured by the device